Buckingham County Circuit Court
Clerk of the Circuit Court
The Clerk of the Circuit Court is a constitutional officer elected every eight years. The Clerk serves the citizens of the County of Buckingham. The current Clerk of Court, Justin D. Midkiff, has served since 2018.
The Clerk of the Circuit Court in Virginia performs multiple duties that in many states are divided among several government offices. The Code of Virginia lists over 800 responsibilities and duties for the Clerk. The Clerk serves as the recorder of deeds, preserver of historic records, keeper of election ballots and probate judge over the administration of estates, issues marriage licenses and concealed carry permits, and is the official court administrator for all civil and criminal court cases in the Circuit Court. The Clerk creates and maintains all court files and records within the Circuit Court, prepares court orders and jury lists, contacts jurors and issues summons and court processes.
Buckingham County Circuit Court Clerk
Justin D. Midkiff, Clerk
13061 W. James Anderson Hwy.
Buckingham, VA 23921
P. O. Box 107
Phone: (434) 969-4734
Fax: (434) 969-2043
Clerk's Office Hours
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
10th Judicial Circuit of Virginia Information
- Hon. Kimberley S. White, Chief Judge
- Hon. Donald C. Blessing, Presiding Judge
- Hon. S. Anderson Nelson
- Hon. J. William Watson, Jr.
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, Tuesday after 2nd Monday in January, April, June, September, & November
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Court convenes 9:30 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in chancery cases except divorce cases.
- Criminal cases are set on Term Day.
- Civil cases are set by written request (email is preferred). Send request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fines and Costs Policy and Information
The Buckingham Circuit Court Clerk's Fines and Costs Order contains the policy regarding fines, costs, and restitution collection.
Virginia Circuit Court Online Payment System
The Virginia Circuit Court online payment system allows payments to court costs, fines, and restitution to be made online to participating Virginia circuit courts for eligible cases.